Find a Property
First, go to our ‘Find a Property’ search tool and view all available properties to find the one that matches your needs.
Booking an Inspection
See something you like? You can arrange an inspection via telephone on 07 4781 2555 or via email at email@example.com
Submitting Your Application
After viewing your desired property, you need to complete a tenancy application form for review. These are easily available through our office. The application form can be submitted in person or via email.
What to Include in Your Application
To make the tenancy application as simple, quick and painless as possible there are a few things Townsville Rentals will need from you when submitting your Tenant Application.
- Photo Identification
- Additional Identification Documents. We need to know who you are and will need standard proof of identification documents to a base of 100 points. These documents include:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License/Proof of Age Card/Other Government issued Photo ID
- Motor Vehicle Registration Papers
- Two recent Pay Advices (mandatory)
- Copy of utility account (electricity/gas/phone) in your name
- Two rent receipts/tenant ledger from current rental
- Rates Notice
- Bank Statement.
Processing Your Application
We will generally process your application within 48 hours and notify you if you have been successful or not. This process includes contacting your referees, so make sure the contact details you provide are the best for that person. We will also:
- Check your identification to ensure that all details are correct
- Undertake a basic affordability test to make sure that the rent is within your means;
- Contact your employer to ensure your employment and income details are current and correct
- Check against a national tenancy database for any past discrepancies in rental payments or prior property damage
- Pass approved applications to the property owner for a final decision on which application to progress.
Once your application has been successful, we ask that you come back to our office to finalise all relevant paperwork and arrange collection of keys, plus the payment of bond and rent. As we need to explain all your tenancy details thoroughly, please allocate up to 45 minutes for this appointment.